OT: Coroner rules that usenet bullying caused suicide
Julian Karswell
2007-09-13 17:56:30 UTC
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
behaviour in the light of this news story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm

People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
Ben
2007-09-13 18:05:11 UTC
Except the article mentions Paltalk, which is IM not usenet. The other
terms 'chatroom' and 'forum' imply irc and a webforum to me, although
the way the meeja use these terms its anybody's guess what they meant.
Mike Plowman
2007-09-13 18:18:54 UTC
Post by Ben
Except the article mentions Paltalk, which is IM not usenet. The other
terms 'chatroom' and 'forum' imply irc and a webforum to me, although
the way the meeja use these terms its anybody's guess what they meant.
Yes, clearly the judge was on of the 'Who is Gazza' types.

The 'victim' must have downloaded Paltalk and must have clicked on the
Insult room' to get into it, Yes,it's sad that a sufferer of
depression took his own life (though it was his choice to do so) but
to blame a chatroom he went in voluntraily is stupid.
--
Mike Plowman
"Hey you, Horror Face. I'm a Printhead"
Col
2007-09-13 18:08:38 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
But that was nothing to do with Usenet, rather an 'insult chatroom',
whatever the hell *that* is.....
--
Col

Steal a spaceship and head for the sun,
Shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.
Julian Karswell
2007-09-13 18:23:48 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
But that was nothing to do with Usenet, rather an 'insult chatroom',
whatever the hell *that* is.....
--
Col
Steal a spaceship and head for the sun,
Shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.
Rats! You're right, I should have said chat room. Still, there isn't
much difference between a chat room and usenet forums. All much of a
sameness.

Before anyone starts making cruel jokes about the deceased man, they
should check out this webpage:

http://kevin-neil-whitrick.gonetoosoon.co.uk/

I'm a great fan of Nick Drake (in fact I've written a short story
about him). His family said he was born with a 'skin too few', and
that this led to his depression and suicide. People like Alan Hope,
Sofa Spud and John Pelan don't seem to understand that one of these
days they may well tip someone over the edge, what with their
aggressive abuse. Not me because I can stand up to them and strike
back, but someone who is lonely / shy / vulnerable / depressed etc,
someone who mistakenly turns to the internet for friendship or mental
stimulation. And it annoys the hell out of me, partly, it has to be
said, because I am responsible for two people who may never be able to
judge other people very well, and may well be goaded into doing
something silly by the exact same sort of bullies.

I remember watching 'Dead Men's Shoes' starring Paddy Constantine and
thinking that one day my boys might come into contact with bullies
like those depicted in the film. And that's the worst thing about the
internet, it allows bullies like Pelan, Sofa Spud and Hope the
opportunity to browbeat and abuse anyone they want to. Indeed, I know
another parent - also a carer for a child with special needs - who is
clearly right on the edge of a breakdown. If the poor sod spent one
day in here being abused by the likes of those three then who knows
what might happen.
Enzo Matrix
2007-09-13 18:32:57 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
I'm a great fan of Nick Drake (in fact I've written a short story
about him).
Only so you could pass off your creepy stalking of him as "research".
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Julian Karswell
2007-09-13 19:01:41 UTC
Post by Enzo Matrix
Post by Julian Karswell
I'm a great fan of Nick Drake (in fact I've written a short story
about him).
Only so you could pass off your creepy stalking of him as "research".
--
Enzo
I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
How can you stalk someone who has been dead for thirty years? On
second thoughts, don't trouble yourself to reply. Logic isn't your
strong point, is it?
Jeff Lawrence
2007-09-13 19:17:13 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Post by Enzo Matrix
Post by Julian Karswell
I'm a great fan of Nick Drake (in fact I've written a short story
about him).
Only so you could pass off your creepy stalking of him as "research".
--
Enzo
I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
How can you stalk someone who has been dead for thirty years?
Yes, and just why do you think he's dead? Because he heard from a psychic
that you were going to write a short story about him in 30 years time.
Cheers
Jeff
Rich Mackin
2007-09-13 20:01:27 UTC
Post by Enzo Matrix
Post by Julian Karswell
I'm a great fan of Nick Drake (in fact I've written a short story
about him).
Only so you could pass off your creepy stalking of him as "research".
Did he write to Drake's employer? :-)
--
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)
MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com
Mike Plowman
2007-09-13 22:07:59 UTC
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:23:48 -0700, Julian Karswell
Post by Julian Karswell
said, because I am responsible for two people who may never be able to
judge other people very well, and may well be goaded into doing
something silly by the exact same sort of bullies.
I remember watching 'Dead Men's Shoes' starring Paddy Constantine and
thinking that one day my boys might come into contact with bullies
like those depicted in the film. And that's the worst thing about the
internet, it allows bullies like Pelan, Sofa Spud and Hope the
opportunity to browbeat and abuse anyone they want to.
Indeed, I know
another parent - also a carer for a child with special needs - who is
clearly right on the edge of a breakdown.
Fish..... barrel..... Must.....Must... resist.
Post by Julian Karswell
If the poor sod spent one
day in here being abused by the likes of those three then who knows
what might happen.
Well If he came in and posted about TV on the whole, had a sense of
humour and a clue what Usenet is and what are generally accepted
boundaries then he'd fit right in, surely?
Alan Hope
2007-09-13 23:37:13 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
I'm a great fan of Nick Drake (in fact I've written a short story
about him).
I can think of no greater dishonour.
--
AH
http://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com
Jeff Lawrence
2007-09-13 18:25:23 UTC
Post by Col
But that was nothing to do with Usenet, rather an 'insult chatroom',
whatever the hell *that* is.....
How can anyone who uses an "insult chatroom" be upset when they are insulted
in that chatroom? Surely they'd be more correct in being upset if they
weren't insulted.
Cheers
Jeff
Col
2007-09-13 18:35:41 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Col
But that was nothing to do with Usenet, rather an 'insult chatroom',
whatever the hell *that* is.....
How can anyone who uses an "insult chatroom" be upset when they are
insulted in that chatroom? Surely they'd be more correct in being upset if
they weren't insulted.
I am baffled as to why somebody who had 'long running problems with
depression' would even contribute to such a chatroom, knowing the
nature of the place.

Julian Karswell
2007-09-13 19:07:17 UTC
Post by Col
I am baffled as to why somebody who had 'long running problems with
depression' would even contribute to such a chatroom, knowing the
nature of the place.
--
Col
Steal a spaceship and head for the sun,
Shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.
Loneliness? Indeed, you could argue that he was self-harming, which is
a classic symptom of depression. Besides, depression is not exactly
linked to logical thought processes. We might realise that joining
such a forum would be a bad thing to do, but he may have been blind to
the issue.

Seriously, depression is like being drunk or having an orgasm. Until
you've been there or done it you can have little true understanding of
what it's really like.
Ben
2007-09-13 19:10:38 UTC
Wow, count me in then!
Julian Karswell
2007-09-13 19:12:42 UTC
Post by Ben
Post by Julian Karswell
Seriously, depression is like being drunk or having an orgasm.
Wow, count me in then!
Sorry, I should have added "....with Ann Widdecombe" at the end of
that sentence.
Ben
Now that's enough to depress anyone :-(
Jeff Lawrence
2007-09-13 19:16:00 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Seriously, depression is like being drunk or having an orgasm. Until
you've been there or done it you can have little true understanding of
what it's really like.
Well, I've been drunk and I've had an orgasm (actually I think these both
happened at the same time) so I know exactly what it's like.
Cheers
Jeff
Ben
2007-09-13 19:20:46 UTC
OK, nobody likes a showoff!
Alan Hope
2007-09-13 23:39:57 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Post by Col
I am baffled as to why somebody who had 'long running problems with
depression' would even contribute to such a chatroom, knowing the
nature of the place.
Steal a spaceship and head for the sun,
Shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.
Loneliness? Indeed, you could argue that he was self-harming, which is
a classic symptom of depression.
Just like you, posting here constantly even though you're the most
hated and despised poster the group has ever seen.
Post by Julian Karswell
Besides, depression is not exactly
linked to logical thought processes. We might realise that joining
such a forum would be a bad thing to do, but he may have been blind to
the issue.
Just as you are.
Post by Julian Karswell
Seriously, depression is like being drunk or having an orgasm.
How would you know?
Post by Julian Karswell
Until
you've been there or done it you can have little true understanding of
what it's really like.
Are you anywhere near the brink yourself, by any chance? Just let me
know what it would take to push you over, and I'll be happy to oblige.
Paul Hyett
2007-09-14 08:30:56 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Jeff Lawrence
How can anyone who uses an "insult chatroom" be upset when they are
insulted in that chatroom? Surely they'd be more correct in being upset if
they weren't insulted.
I am baffled as to why somebody who had 'long running problems with
depression' would even contribute to such a chatroom, knowing the
nature of the place.
Who'd need to go to an insult chatroom anyway - just subscribe to
uk.politics.misc... :)
Paul 'Charts Fan' Hyett
Richard Brooks
2007-09-13 18:36:47 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Col
But that was nothing to do with Usenet, rather an 'insult chatroom',
whatever the hell *that* is.....
How can anyone who uses an "insult chatroom" be upset when they are insulted
in that chatroom? Surely they'd be more correct in being upset if they
weren't insulted.
Maybe they were in the wrong cubicle? They wanted sarcasm.
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Cheers
Jeff
Mike Plowman
2007-09-13 19:06:26 UTC
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:25:23 +0200, "Jeff Lawrence"
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Col
But that was nothing to do with Usenet, rather an 'insult chatroom',
whatever the hell *that* is.....
How can anyone who uses an "insult chatroom" be upset when they are insulted
in that chatroom? Surely they'd be more correct in being upset if they
weren't insulted.
Cheers
Jeff
Yeah, let's go in there mob handed and pay 'em some compliments. :-)
David Wright
2007-09-14 09:52:06 UTC
Surely they'd be more correct in being upset if they weren't insulted.
Surely, not being insulted is actually the biggest insult of them all, in
which case you would be anything but upset?

D.
Neil Hopkins
2007-09-15 16:17:37 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Col
But that was nothing to do with Usenet, rather an 'insult chatroom',
whatever the hell *that* is.....
How can anyone who uses an "insult chatroom" be upset when they are insulted
in that chatroom? Surely they'd be more correct in being upset if they
weren't insulted.
Cheers
Jeff
It sounds like that Monty Python sketch ...
--
neil h
google brights
LJM
2007-09-15 18:01:38 UTC
Post by Neil Hopkins
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Col
But that was nothing to do with Usenet, rather an 'insult chatroom',
whatever the hell *that* is.....
How can anyone who uses an "insult chatroom" be upset when they are
insulted in that chatroom? Surely they'd be more correct in being
upset if they weren't insulted.
Cheers
Jeff
It sounds like that Monty Python sketch ...
Ha. My last post in this thread began ..

"Think of the Monty Python argument sketch... "

You're spot on. When I stumbled across those insult rooms years ago, I
suspected people would happily get their credit cards out if they had an
admission fee.
LJM
LJM
2007-09-14 10:25:21 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
But that was nothing to do with Usenet, rather an 'insult chatroom',
whatever the hell *that* is.....
Think of the Monty Python argument sketch .. only slightly more x-rated.
I used Paltalk years ago, shortly after a similar (actually, better)
service called Firetalk went under. Around 2000-2002 IIRC. Both had
those kind of rooms. People entered them to insult and be insulted.
Obviously if you're of a tender disposition, you'll visit different
rooms instead. The insult rooms were certainly in a minority. People
visited them for the fun, and to triumph over each other with their
superior insulting skills. If somebody said they were going to take
their own life in an insult room, I can understand why they'd be
doubted. Other participants would think they were being baited for
insults related to a supposed worthless life. It's all roleplay. Why
would somebody so emotionally vulnerable be in a chat room like that
when there are so many others to choose from on the same platform?
Would somebody who felt bullied go anywhere near their tormentors if
they didn't have to?

I remember shortly after Kevin Whitrick died, the owner of his nearest
off-license said he'd pop in and buy cans of beer every night before
going home to chat with people around the world on his new computer. It
was all pretty new to him and he seemed excited about it.

Sounds to me more like an untreated depressive with suicidal thoughts
had a bit too much to drink one night and took his own life. He
probably wouldn't have done it if he was sober, but stories about the
evil interwebs will win over those of alcoholism and the failure of our
mental health system to spot people like Kevin Whitrick any time.
LJM
Alan Hope
2007-09-14 20:38:00 UTC
Post by LJM
Post by Col
Post by Julian Karswell
[...]
Sounds to me as if he'd have been better off if the guys in the offie
had been a bit more friendly. That's the chat he was really angling
for, in my view. Bit of normal everyday human contact, then the poor
bugger wouldn't need to be chatting to fuckwits around the world, like
wot I'm doing now.

Oh.
Jeff Lawrence
2007-09-14 20:42:16 UTC
Post by Alan Hope
Sounds to me as if he'd have been better off if the guys in the offie
had been a bit more friendly. That's the chat he was really angling
for, in my view. Bit of normal everyday human contact, then the poor
bugger wouldn't need to be chatting to fuckwits around the world, like
wot I'm doing now.
Oh.
Yeah, but at least you don't have a webcam. For which we are all extremely
grateful!
Cheers
Jeff
Alan Hope
aquachimp
2007-09-14 20:52:16 UTC
Post by Alan Hope
Post by LJM
Post by Col
Post by Julian Karswell
[...]
AHhttp://grapes2dot0.blogspot.com- Hide quoted text -
No, they probably were friendly towards him, but that's not what he
wanted. Deep down, (I'm guessing) he wanted to kill himself, but
lacked the courage to try yet again without external confidence and
excuse, so he actively sought out people whose comment he could
translate into a clearing of the path in the direction he had started
on.
Mike Plowman
2007-09-13 18:13:36 UTC
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:56:30 -0700, Julian Karswell
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
The hearing was told Mr Whitrick had had long-running problems with
depression.

Mr Whitrick's brother, Malcolm, told the coroner his brother was
"lively, bubbly and well-liked".

Speaking after the inquest, he said he did not blame the other
chatroom users for his death.

"My brother was a strong character and he wouldn't have been
influenced," he said.
Julian Karswell
2007-09-13 19:11:05 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
[...]
Alas an opinion is not a fact, especially the opinion of someone who
has a very strong interest in the matter.

It is a fact that the poor chap was suffering from depression and that
he was openly goaded on to kill himself by chatroom bullies. I'm not
quite sure why you would wish to dispute this, but no doubt you have
the man's best interests at heart.
Jeff Lawrence
2007-09-13 19:13:13 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
It is a fact that the poor chap was suffering from depression and that
he was openly goaded on to kill himself by chatroom bullies.
He was in a bloody insult chatroom! Just what did he expect? No action was
taken against any of these "bullies".
Cheers
Jeff
Julian Karswell
2007-09-13 19:24:08 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Julian Karswell
It is a fact that the poor chap was suffering from depression and that
he was openly goaded on to kill himself by chatroom bullies.
He was in a bloody insult chatroom! Just what did he expect? No action was
taken against any of these "bullies".
Cheers
Jeff
Erm, that's another curious Jeff Lawrence distortion of fact. What the
CPS actually said was that there was insufficient evidence to charge
any single individual. However, the coroner and police have both made
it perfectly clear that the chatroom users share in the blame for the
man's death.

I can quite see you would want to derail a discussion about how online
bullying could lead to the suicide of vulnerable people given your own
less than pleasant behaviour.
Sofa - Spud
2007-09-13 19:34:23 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Julian Karswell
It is a fact that the poor chap was suffering from depression and that
he was openly goaded on to kill himself by chatroom bullies.
He was in a bloody insult chatroom! Just what did he expect? No action was
taken against any of these "bullies".
Cheers
Jeff
Erm, that's another curious Jeff Lawrence distortion of fact. What the
CPS actually said was that there was insufficient evidence to charge
any single individual. However, the coroner and police have both made
it perfectly clear that the chatroom users share in the blame for the
man's death.
You are one sick fuck barker if you think you can make yourself out to
be some sort of likewise victim .

heres a quote from the link

""The hearing was told Mr Whitrick had had long-running problems with
depression and had tried to kill himself four times in four years. ""

""Speaking after the inquest, he said he did not blame the other
chatroom users for his death.

"My brother was a strong character and he wouldn't have been
influenced," he said.

It is thought that up to 60 people were using the chatroom, which was
one of a variety covering different subject matters, at the time of the
incident. """
Post by Julian Karswell
I can quite see you would want to derail a discussion about how online
bullying could lead to the suicide of vulnerable people given your own
less than pleasant behaviour.
You appear to be disturbingly reveling in this barker - this bloke quite
frankly was an adult , in years gone by he'd most probably been in an
institution and had round the clock supervision. He was at risk but as
an adult what could have been done?

He knew full well what he was doing - if he'd jumped under a train it'd
be just another suicide but even then you'd probably want it to be about
barker.
Julian Karswell
2007-09-13 19:54:54 UTC
Post by Sofa - Spud
Post by Julian Karswell
Post by Julian Karswell
I can quite see you would want to derail a discussion about how online
bullying could lead to the suicide of vulnerable people given your own
less than pleasant behaviour.
You appear to be disturbingly reveling in this barker - this bloke quite
frankly was an adult , in years gone by he'd most probably been in an
institution and had round the clock supervision. He was at risk but as
an adult what could have been done?
He knew full well what he was doing - if he'd jumped under a train it'd
be just another suicide but even then you'd probably want it to be about
barker.- Hide quoted text -
He didn't know "full well what he was doing", he was suffering from
depression. It's a crippling mental illness.

So, a mentally ill man was goaded on to commit suicide (which he may
or may not have been intending to commit) by an unpleasant pack of
chatroom bullies. For some bizarre reason you seem to believe that he
deserved it, or that their behaviour was acceptable. Though bearing in
mind that you racially abuse people you don't know, make cruel jokes
about disabled children and apparently spend most of your "working
day" posting libellous messages to the internet, it is hardly to be
unexpected....

Fortunately your views will not prevail. The police, coroner and press
all believe that it was wrong of these bullies to behave as they did.
However, bearing in mind that you have yourself been accused of
bullying, one needn't look far for your motivation.
Sofa - Spud
2007-09-13 21:23:41 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Post by Sofa - Spud
Post by Julian Karswell
Post by Julian Karswell
[...]
You still think this case somehow vindicates your position - yet most
seem to think it was an ill bloke who killed himself and a stupid
coroner wants T'evil interweb banned. You really see yourself as a
victim - all these years of usenet arguing and you just don't get it.

next you'll be saying you know the bloody family and you are forwarding
these messages.

Stick to poncing your kids benefits barker - it's what you are best at
Alan Hope
2007-09-13 23:43:48 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
So, a mentally ill man was goaded on to commit suicide (which he may
or may not have been intending to commit) by an unpleasant pack of
chatroom bullies.
Aren't you just loving it, you nasty ghoulish little fuck? See how you
revel in some poor stranger's death in order to score some pathetic
cheap point against your "enemies".

Want to really upset us, Barmy? Top yourself. I'd be distraught until
the end of my days, mentally scarred by the guilt and shame. Go on,
teach me a lesson. I deserve nothing less.
Jeff Lawrence
2007-09-13 20:13:12 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
I can quite see you would want to derail a discussion about how online
bullying could lead to the suicide of vulnerable people given your own
less than pleasant behaviour.
And just what relevance does this case have with the goings-on in UMTM
anyway? Or are you saying that there are vulnerable people in here that
could be pushed into
commiting suicide by Alan Hope calling them a cunt?
Cheers
Jeff
Alan Hope
2007-09-13 23:44:51 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Julian Karswell
I can quite see you would want to derail a discussion about how online
bullying could lead to the suicide of vulnerable people given your own
less than pleasant behaviour.
And just what relevance does this case have with the goings-on in UMTM
anyway? Or are you saying that there are vulnerable people in here that
could be pushed into
commiting suicide by Alan Hope calling them a cunt?
Line them up. I'm ready when you are.
Jeff Lawrence
2007-09-14 08:19:53 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Julian Karswell
It is a fact that the poor chap was suffering from depression and that
he was openly goaded on to kill himself by chatroom bullies.
He was in a bloody insult chatroom! Just what did he expect? No action was
taken against any of these "bullies".
Cheers
Jeff
Erm, that's another curious Jeff Lawrence distortion of fact. What the
CPS actually said was that there was insufficient evidence to charge
any single individual. However, the coroner and police have both made
it perfectly clear that the chatroom users share in the blame for the
man's death.
"None of the comments made in the chatroom amounted a criminal
offence".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6695197.stm
Some people were egging him. One guy shouted down his microphone,
'F***ing do it, get on with it, get it round your neck. For f***'s
sake. He can't even do this properly'.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007130846,00.html
You'd have thought that there would be sufficent evidence regardring
those people who egged him on or the guy
who told him to get on with it. But no, they were not charged with
anything. If they were partly to blame for
his death why were they not charged?
Cheers
Jeff
Alan Hope
2007-09-14 20:47:46 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
You'd have thought that there would be sufficent evidence regardring
those people who egged him on or the guy
who told him to get on with it. But no, they were not charged with
anything. If they were partly to blame for
his death why were they not charged?
Telling someone to do something doesn't mean you're responsible when
they do it. He might have been a bit unhinged, but the law assumes
he's still a competent adult, capable of making his own behaviour
choices.

Now if someone had held a gun to his head, that might be different.
Martin
2007-09-14 08:12:45 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Julian Karswell
It is a fact that the poor chap was suffering from depression and that
he was openly goaded on to kill himself by chatroom bullies.
He was in a bloody insult chatroom! Just what did he expect? No action was
taken against any of these "bullies".
Another remake of a Monty Python sketch.
Martin
Mike Plowman
2007-09-13 19:16:40 UTC
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:11:05 -0700, Julian Karswell
Post by Julian Karswell
It is a fact that the poor chap was suffering from depression and that
he was openly goaded on to kill himself by chatroom bullies.
Were you there?
Post by Julian Karswell
I'm not
quite sure why you would wish to dispute this, but no doubt you have
the man's best interests at heart.
I'm not disputing it but I would hazard that his brother, having been
at the inquest, might know more about it than you.
Julian Karswell
2007-09-13 19:34:14 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
It is a fact that the poor chap was suffering from depression and that
he was openly goaded on to kill himself by chatroom bullies.
Were you there?
No. Nor was I at Rourke's Drift, but I know that the Zulus lost.

If the press are in agreement that the man was goaded to kill himself;
if the police tried to prosecute the chatroom bullies because they
thought he had been goaded to kill himself; and if the coroner himself
said that he had been openly goaded to kill himself, then yes, I am
minded to say that he *was* goaded to kill himself, even though, as
you very astutely observe, I was not in fact there.
Post by Mike Plowman
Post by Julian Karswell
I'm not
quite sure why you would wish to dispute this, but no doubt you have
the man's best interests at heart.
I'm not disputing it but I would hazard that his brother, having been
at the inquest, might know more about it than you.
--
In which case you are a fool.

Close family relatives aren't the most objective judges of issues such
as these, which is why independent authorities are appointed to rule
on the causes of death. Indeed, there is a very well-known thing
called a 'conflict of interest' which precludes some people from being
involved in things which affect them personally i.e. police
investigations.

Dodi Fayed's father is the strongest believer in the Diana conspiracy
theory and there is a reason for it: he was the man's father.
Mike Plowman
2007-09-13 19:59:48 UTC
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:34:14 -0700, Julian Karswell
Post by Julian Karswell
Post by Mike Plowman
I'm not disputing it but I would hazard that his brother, having been
at the inquest, might know more about it than you.
--
In which case you are a fool.
You are saying that you know more about what went on at the inquest
then the man's brother?
Post by Julian Karswell
Close family relatives aren't the most objective judges of issues such
as these, which is why independent authorities are appointed to rule
on the causes of death.
But he was being entirely objective and saying that the chatroom were
not responsible for his brother's death.
Sofa - Spud
2007-09-13 21:26:05 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Close family relatives aren't the most objective judges of issues such
as these, which is why independent authorities are appointed to rule
on the causes of death.
But he was being entirely objective and saying that the chatroom were
not responsible for his brother's death.
But this doesn't fit barkers whole pathetic posturing on this matter -
the pathetic victim .

What a vile shallow pathetic person barker is - he's doing everything
possible to make this story about him .
Jeff Lawrence
2007-09-13 21:27:46 UTC
Post by Sofa - Spud
What a vile shallow pathetic person barker is - he's doing everything
possible to make this story about him .
I wish it was.
Cheers
Jeff
Martin
2007-09-14 08:17:17 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Sofa - Spud
What a vile shallow pathetic person barker is - he's doing everything
possible to make this story about him .
I wish it was.
Careful it's Friday, the day he consults legal experts about why his writs never
get delivered.
Martin
Sofa - Spud
2007-09-13 19:26:23 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
[...]
Right I've read through all this bullshit and I'll make my start here;
you obviously see yourself as this kind of bloke don't you? poor little
man goaded by bullies taking his own life? You've twisted this
pathetically tragic and misreported case to fit your own pathetic
twisted view of the world . As usual it's all about Barker .

You'll note it was a chatroom , you'll note too that it was using a
webcam . Are you seriously believing this bloke went to the *insult*
area (WTF that is) and was having a lovely time till some bod said *yeah
hang yourself* - do you really believe that?

There can be no comparison about this sad case of a man and what *you*
have done on Usenet.

Lets look - who has *left* UMTM because of *you*?? Who has sent
malicious letters to employers of people on Usenet?? Who has gone out of
their way to post across several groups threatening physical violence?

This is just the tip of the iceberg and you know it - you've spent at
least the last 5 yrs arguing and causing trouble on usenet . Don't you
dare make out you've tried to be friendly and pass the time and evil
nasty bullies have hurt you. Especially when you post NEW threads about
me and others JUST to cause trouble.

Now go and get that writ sorted barker - I know you've had a hard day
poncing off the wife and kids but you can manage this.
michael adams
2007-09-13 19:29:38 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case.
Well many people on here are doing their best Barker - even posting maps
of level crossings in your area, but it still doesn't seem to
be having the desired effect, does it eh ?

michael adams

steeler
2007-09-13 21:13:49 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
Looks like you just libelled those three. Might be you having dealings with
the law.
Richard Brooks
2007-09-13 22:49:44 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
"How'ya feelin' captain?"
"I....I think I'm done for but..."
"'Ave we started again?"
ThePunisher
2007-09-13 23:35:26 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
Why don't you fuck off and die?
ThePunisher
Alan Hope
2007-09-13 23:36:07 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
Hey Barmy, that's without a doubt libellous. Aren't you worried one of
us will get a lawyer onto you? See, we can all afford it, whereas
you'd need to sell your one and only book just to get a half-hour
consultation.

So when are you planning on topping yourself, you unwanted little
sleaze?
Martin
2007-09-14 08:11:22 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
"The court heard he was using Paltalk, which urged users to insult each other,"
Martin
Jeff Lawrence
2007-09-14 08:12:47 UTC
Post by Martin
"The court heard he was using Paltalk, which urged users to insult each other,"
What a bunch of stupid idiots! There you go, and I didn't even need
this Paltalk thing.
Cheers
Jeff
Martin
2007-09-14 08:59:40 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Martin
"The court heard he was using Paltalk, which urged users to insult each other,"
What a bunch of stupid idiots! There you go, and I didn't even need
this Paltalk thing.
Dog food for talking dogs, innit?
Martin
Alan Hope
2007-09-14 20:48:38 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
"The court heard he was using Paltalk, which urged users to insult each other,"
Barkingmad's got it made. He gets his insults for nothing.
Rich Mackin
2007-09-16 00:20:33 UTC
Post by Julian Karswell
Perhaps some people in UMTM should reflect upon their abusive
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6993095.stm
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
"The court heard he was using Paltalk, which urged users to insult each other,"
Barkingmad's got it made. He gets his insults for nothing.
He does have to write to a few employers though, the fucking cunt.

Thought I'd throw that one in for free.
Anonymongous
2007-09-14 16:20:36 UTC
Julian Karswell wrote in news:1189706190.916733.108350
Post by Julian Karswell
People with personalities like Alan Hope, "Sofa Spud" and John Pelan
were no doubt involved in this very unpleasant case. One day the law
will catch up with them, putting an end to their cowardly and cruel
attempts to bait others.
As in your case where the master baiter is truly yourself, there was one
obvious bully and that happened to be the idiot who inflicted his death upon
innocent viewers.
--
Mr. Anonymongous