OT: Lunar Eclipse
Martin
2011-06-15 19:09:55 UTC
Total eclipse of the moon tonight

Wednesday 15 June 2011

A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.

Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
Martin
Col
2011-06-15 19:19:59 UTC
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
I was wondering why it had suddenly completely clouded over, it
was in preperation for this astronomical event.
--
Col

Steal a spaceship and head for the sun,
Shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.
Martin
2011-06-15 19:55:14 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
I was wondering why it had suddenly completely clouded over, it
was in preperation for this astronomical event.
It cleared up here, but there are buildings blocking the view.
Martin
Col
2011-06-15 19:59:26 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by Col
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
I was wondering why it had suddenly completely clouded over, it
was in preperation for this astronomical event.
It cleared up here, but there are buildings blocking the view.
Quickly convert your loft into a bedroom?

Martin
2011-06-15 20:13:58 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Martin
Post by Col
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
I was wondering why it had suddenly completely clouded over, it
was in preperation for this astronomical event.
It cleared up here, but there are buildings blocking the view.
Quickly convert your loft into a bedroom?
It already is :-)

Live here.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/15/lunar-eclipse-live-video-2011_n_877517.html
Martin
Col
2011-06-15 20:58:26 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by Col
Quickly convert your loft into a bedroom?
It already is :-)
I don't believe you.
That's a very tall storey.

Ophelia
2011-06-15 21:04:38 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Martin
Post by Col
Quickly convert your loft into a bedroom?
It already is :-)
I don't believe you.
That's a very tall storey.
Oooooooooooo get 'im <g>
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Martin
2011-06-15 21:09:25 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Martin
Post by Col
Quickly convert your loft into a bedroom?
It already is :-)
I don't believe you.
That's a very tall storey.
Here's a taller one -

Event Venue

Jazz Cafe
5 Parkway
Camden Town, HMF NW1 7PG
United Kingdom

Description

Cost: Actual Meditation 45.75
Distant Meditation 11.93
FullMoon Meditation in Sagittarius / Gemini (Total Lunar Eclipse)
10.tokscoker.07973 210107
DISCOVER YOUR TRUE PURPOSE ON EARTH RECONNECT WITH YOUR SOUL FAMILY
COME FULLY INTO YOUR OWN POWERFULL MOON DATES FOR 2011: January 19,
February 18, March 19, April 16, May 17, June 15, July 15, August 13,
September 12, October 12, November 10, December 10What is a FULL MOON
MEDITATION? A Full Moon Meditation is held on the actual day of the
full moon to celebrate your life. She channels healing insightful
Blessings that inspire and encourage ones own personal spiritual
journey. It is as if she is talking to you and only you directly in
her blessings. On these healing meditation days she sends out a lot of
healing; which you can receive either remotely/distant healing or
directly when you turn up for the meditation. Both forms of healing
are effective and intense; and a lot of people have had powerful
insightful healing experiences that have lasted for days and many
moons.MEDITATION: Each meditation has a different theme working with
the current energies so you are always updating and fine tuning
yourself. Turn up for the meditation and experience it for yourself
Many have been coming for years.LINKING IN / DISTANT HEALING &
BLESSING: Many who cannot make the meditation or are abroad let her
know they want to be included in the Blessing and Healing. She then
includes them: sending the blessings through a Portal Blessing Tube
which is programmed only for the person it is sent to. The healing is
received when the person is ready for it or while asleep. Her work is
very very sacred and clean. Her channel is of the purest
order.TELEPHONE CALL BLESSING: Some telephone her so she can read the
blessing directly to them: Toks has a big powerful voice. She has been
known to shake energies with her voice. The call is a maximum of 11
minutes and is geared towards the Blessing. Sit in silence for 15-20
minutes to digest it into your life. If you cannot do that immediately
then make sure you do so later on in the day.Some SCIENTIFIC Facts
about the Full Moon: The moon at the time of the full moon is full and
round, shaped like a full disc and can be seen as it reflects a lot of
light from the sun. earth is between the sun and the moon. Full Moon
occurs between 14 and 15 days after the New Moon.What is Distance
Healing? DistanceHealing is the channelling of healing energies to a
person who is not in front of you.How is this even possible? In the
everyday world, energy travels great distances in a short amount of
time (traditional uses of energy are signals from satellite dishes, or
radio and television).Richard Gerber, MD, author of Vibrational
Medicine, states: "The life energy used by healers is a subtle energy
that is faster than light energy. So with this fact have confidence in
the power of healing, blessings, thoughts and words from a gifted
person.When Will I Receive the Distance Healing? Healing will be sent
to you on the day of the New Moon and/or Full Moon depending on what
you have asked for.Some FULLMOON TESTIMONIALSFULLMOON IN VIRGO LUNAR
ECLIPSE 14.Extremely powerful and very different from the NewMoon in
that a lot of physical energy is used.Strong, precise.FULLMOON IN
SCORPIOMade me feel empowered and happy and much calmer.This FullMoon
in Scorpio meditation gives the tool to get up and achieve what youve
been longing for..FULLMOON IN CAPRICORNWorking with 14-19 year old
students (FullMoon in Capricorn on 7. I felt very calm. I felt
lightness in my body and heart. I felt love, joy, happiness, success
and expectation. I felt relaxed, happy and calm knowing that something
good is going to happen.Great enlightenment experience.Personal
power.Thank you for a lovely evening.Light, warmth, joy, sadness.
Twitter Hashtag: #EVfullm1221
Martin
Sofa - Spud
LOL
Sofa - Spud
2011-06-16 07:54:38 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
I was wondering why it had suddenly completely clouded over, it
was in preperation for this astronomical event.
Indeed - I'll bet if we ever got one of those supernova that was visible
during the day we'd miss it because of cloud!

Bucketing it down here !
Halmyre
2011-06-16 08:16:08 UTC
Post by Sofa - Spud
Post by Col
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
I was wondering why it had suddenly completely clouded over, it
was in preperation for this astronomical event.
Indeed - I'll bet if we ever got one of those supernova that was visible
during the day we'd miss it because of cloud!
Bucketing it down here !
Well, I'm in Scotland so I was always going to see bugger-all. If you
think about it, the Scots have made discoveries in all branches of
science except astronomy. I wonder why!

Halmyre
Martin
2011-06-16 08:27:01 UTC
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:16:08 -0700 (PDT), Halmyre
Post by Halmyre
Post by Sofa - Spud
Post by Col
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
I was wondering why it had suddenly completely clouded over, it
was in preperation for this astronomical event.
Indeed - I'll bet if we ever got one of those supernova that was visible
during the day we'd miss it because of cloud!
Bucketing it down here !
Well, I'm in Scotland so I was always going to see bugger-all. If you
think about it, the Scots have made discoveries in all branches of
science except astronomy. I wonder why!
Wasn't inventing the Mackintosh raincoat sufficient?
Martin
Martin
Martin
Mike Swift
2011-06-15 19:38:19 UTC
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on Wednesday
evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed in the
countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
As usual is been pissing down all afternoon and we have lovely thick
grey clouds, ah well, par for the course.

Mike
Yorkshire Halvard Lange
Martin
2011-06-15 19:55:56 UTC
On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:38:19 +0100, Mike Swift
Post by Mike Swift
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on Wednesday
evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed in the
countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
As usual is been pissing down all afternoon and we have lovely thick
grey clouds, ah well, par for the course.
There's nothing to see :-)
Martin
Basil Jet
Best Google doodle ever!
Sofa - Spud
2011-06-16 07:59:07 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
Best Google doodle ever!
They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
Martin
2011-06-16 08:21:04 UTC
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:59:07 +0100, Sofa - Spud
Post by Sofa - Spud
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
Best Google doodle ever!
They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
Mothering Sunday in UK is on a different date to the rest of Europe.
Martin
Jeff Lawrence
2011-06-16 08:23:09 UTC
Post by Martin
Mothering Sunday in UK is on a different date to the rest of Europe.
Google UK is on a different page to the rest of Europe. They do do
regional variations on their doodles.
Cheers
Jeff
Martin
2011-06-16 08:49:33 UTC
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:23:09 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Lawrence
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Martin
Mothering Sunday in UK is on a different date to the rest of Europe.
Google UK is on a different page to the rest of Europe. They do do
regional variations on their doodles.
Good point!
Martin
Sofa - Spud
2011-06-16 08:25:31 UTC
Post by Sofa - Spud
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Martin
Total eclipse of the moon tonight
Wednesday 15 June 2011
A total eclipse of the moon will be visible in clear skies on
Wednesday evening shortly after 22.00.
Because the moon is so low in the sky, the eclipse will be best viewed
in the countryside or from a high building, astronomers say.
Best Google doodle ever!
They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
Mothering Sunday in UK is on a different date to the rest of Europe.
But it's Google UK there are different ones for different countries and
they have different doodles to us. It was just strange.
Jeff Lawrence
2011-06-16 08:36:58 UTC
But it's Google UK there are different ones for different countries  and
they have different doodles to us. It was just strange.
http://www.google.com/logos/index.html
I really like the Annie M.G Schmidt one with Jip and Janneke from May
20. She's a very famous Dutch children's writer (similar to Enid
Blyton here) and I used to read a lot of her books when I was first
learning Dutch and then used to read them to my son. I visited her
grave a few weeks ago when I was in Amsterdam as I had a walk around
the Zorgvliet cemetery whilst my wife and son went to the nearby
swimming pool (I had had a bit too much sun the previous day!).
Cheers
Jeff
Martin
2011-06-16 08:52:47 UTC
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:36:58 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Lawrence
Post by Jeff Lawrence
But it's Google UK there are different ones for different countries  and
they have different doodles to us. It was just strange.
http://www.google.com/logos/index.html
I really like the Annie M.G Schmidt one with Jip and Janneke from May
20. She's a very famous Dutch children's writer (similar to Enid
Blyton here) and I used to read a lot of her books when I was first
learning Dutch and then used to read them to my son. I visited her
grave a few weeks ago when I was in Amsterdam as I had a walk around
the Zorgvliet cemetery whilst my wife and son went to the nearby
swimming pool (I had had a bit too much sun the previous day!).
Did you and your family ever go to the Tropicana baths in R'dam? It is
in the process of being converted into yet another conference centre.
Across the river the restored liner SS Rotterdam is already bankrupt.
Martin
Jeff Lawrence
2011-06-16 08:25:00 UTC
Post by Sofa - Spud
They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
They're not the only ones who spend ages on them.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/7764218/Google-Pac-Man-doodle-cost-economy-120-million.html
Cheers
Jeff
Sofa - Spud
2011-06-16 08:26:46 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Sofa - Spud
They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
They're not the only ones who spend ages on them.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/7764218/Google-Pac-Man-doodle-cost-economy-120-million.html
Cheers
Jeff
I remember that report - how they came to those figures I don't know.
And this is the problem , the media report these yet they come form one
or two analytical angles that barely hold up to scrutiny.
Col
2011-06-16 17:56:54 UTC
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Sofa - Spud
They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
They're not the only ones who spend ages on them.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/7764218/Google-Pac-Man-doodle-cost-economy-120-million.html
Cheers
Jeff
I remember that report - how they came to those figures I don't know. And
this is the problem , the media report these yet they come form one or two
analytical angles that barely hold up to scrutiny.
That much time may well have been 'wasted' playing this, but how much
of that time would normally be spent on other internet distractions?
So it's not $120 million dollars *extra* that was lost.

Anyway, nobody spends 100% of their time at work actually working.
Where I work the morning after a new episode of Psychoville was
aired there would be four of us spending working time discussing it.
The effect on the economy must have been incalculable :)

Sofa - Spud
2011-06-16 19:15:25 UTC
Post by Col
Post by Jeff Lawrence
Post by Sofa - Spud
[...]
When the really big TV events happened - the first series of BB for
instance. Loads of bods stood around talking about things like that.

The internet though - how much time is lost I wonder, only if workers
actually have access to it. Many places block it. Remember barmy always
banging on about usenet use at work?
Brian Mc
2011-06-16 15:52:11 UTC

Mothering Sunday is different in the UK (march) and the US/Canada (May)????
Jeff Lawrence
2011-06-16 15:57:34 UTC
Post by Brian Mc
: > They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
: > mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
Mothering Sunday is different in the UK (march) and the US/Canada (May)????
According to http://www.google.com/logos/ Mother's Day was used in
various countries this year on May 8th and in the UK on March 14 last
year.
Cheers
Jeff
Sofa - Spud
2011-06-16 19:09:15 UTC
Yes it is!
Alex Cunningham.
2011-06-16 21:49:41 UTC
Post by Brian Mc
: > They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
: > mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
Mothering Sunday is different in the UK (march) and the US/Canada (May)????
Second Sunday in May and it is called, Mothers Day.
Truebrit.
A***@DENTURESsussex.ac.uk
2011-06-16 15:30:19 UTC
Post by Sofa - Spud
Post by Basil Jet
Best Google doodle ever!
They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
Bugger, I missed it (the Google doodle as well as the eclipse).

Are Google doodles archived anywhere? I particularly liked the Yuri Gagarin
50th anniversary one.
--
Andy Clews
*** Remove DENTURES if replying by email ***
GordonD
2011-06-16 16:00:22 UTC
Post by A***@DENTURESsussex.ac.uk
Post by Sofa - Spud
Post by Basil Jet
Best Google doodle ever!
They must spend ages on them - though I can't see why they didn't do
mothering sunday they had *165th anniversary of the icecream sunday*
Bugger, I missed it (the Google doodle as well as the eclipse).
Are Google doodles archived anywhere? I particularly liked the Yuri Gagarin
50th anniversary one.
They're not all here, but many are (including Gagarin):

http://www.google.com/logos/
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."
A***@DENTURESsussex.ac.uk
Froot Bat
2011-06-16 16:01:30 UTC
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+doodles&l=1